University of Sannio,
University of Naples Parthenope,
University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli,
University of Seville
Seville - Spain
University of Groningen,
Hanken School of Economics
Faculty of Economics and Sociology, University of Lodz, Poland.
Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
EMLYON Business School, Ecully. Lyon, France
Southampton Solent Business School, Southampton Solent University, UK
Sten K. Johnson Centre for Entrepreneurship Lund,
Instituto Universitario de Lisboa, ISCTE – IUL,
University of Southern Denmark,
University of Seville, Spain
University of Tartu, Estonia
Sannio University of Benevento, Italy
Bodø Graduate School of Business, Norway
EM Lyon Entrepreneurship Research Centre, France
University of Tampere, School of Economics
and Business Administration, Hämeelinna, Finland
University of Twente, Netherlands
University of Sannio,
University of Naples Parthenope,
University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli,
ESU 2019 CONFERENCE AND DOCTORAL PROGRAM ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The ESU 2019 Conference and Doctoral Programme will be held in Naples (Italy) from the 8th to the 14th of September 2019. It will be organized by University of Sannio, in partnership with the University of Naples Parthenope and the University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli.
Since the beginning, the main idea of the ESU Program is to combine scientific sessions and cultural events allowing participants to discover local culture and heritage. Supervisors, researchers and students from international institutions, active in entrepreneurship research and education, come together to share experiences and create new international networks, in a friendly environment. Following this approach, during the week in Naples we will focus our attention on some core issues, such as formulating interesting research questions, different methodologies, publishing in academic journals, and “what’s hot” in entrepreneurship research. But there will also be plenty of time for networking and social interaction!
Please download the Call for papers here: Call_ESU 2019
CONTACT: For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Doctoral Programme is organized with plenary sessions alternated with group discussions and presentations.
The plenary sessions will be of two different kind:
– Hot topics in entrepreneurship research: plenary sessions on specific topics.
– Conducting & publishing research in entrepreneurship: plenary sessions on methodology.
The group discussions and presentations will be split into 3 groups:
– Early stage group: students that haven’t started their PhD studies and PhD students in their first year of doctoral studies. Students in this group present their research proposal.
– Work in progress group: PhD students that are in the middle of their PhD studies. Students in this group present their early phase research.
– Mature group: PhD students that are in their end of the PhD process or PhDs that have finalized their thesis. Students in this group present their results papers.
The ESU Doctoral Programme gives 6 ECTS. Please download the grading system here: Grading System
Beside the Doctoral Programme, the ESU Conference offers regular conference tracks open to all attendees. All the presentations will take place on Conference Day – Wednesday, 11th September 2019. In particular, they are open to:
– Postdoc: they hold a postdoctoral position. They are invited to present their own paper and perform as discussant in conference sessions. They also may be invited to act as junior coaches for PhD students and they have some dedicated group presentations.
– Professors: they hold a permanent academic position. They are invited to present their own paper in conference sessions. They may be invited as senior coaches for PhD students in the group sessions and act, in some cases, as keynote in plenary sessions.
Final Conference programme: ESU2019Programme
All the sessions and presentations of the ESU 2019 Conference and Doctoral Programme will be held in the magnificent Villa Doria D’Angri.
The villa, which in its current form is datable at the beginning of the nineteenth century, has a much older history. It has been designed to be one with the rock on which it was built for a perfect integration between architecture and nature. The most scenographic part of the villa are its terraces from which it is possible to enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the Gulf of Naples.
Today the villa is one of the premises of the University of Naples Parthenope , which has installed here a Naval Museum of great historical interest, whith a collection of about 160 models of ships and educational nautical instruments.
The address is: Villa Doria d’Angri, Via Francesco Petrarca, 80 – Napoli (ITALY)
For all papers included in the Conference and the PhD Programme we have the following deadlines for submissions:
– Deadline for the abstract submission: 15th April 2019
– Deadline for the full paper submission: 30th June 2019
For both Doctoral Programme and Conference: max. 500 words abstracts, single spaced, Times New Roman 12pt, capitalized first letters in title, no more than ten words in title, no reference list. Since all abstracts are reviewed using a double blind review process, it is compulsory that neither names nor contact details appear on the submission.
A template of the abstract is available here: Template_abstract_ESU2019
Please send your abstract by email to: email@example.com
Please, indicate in your e-mail: author(s) name(s), main affiliation(s), email address(es) of all authors in the order of appearance on your paper.
Please specify what kind of paper you submit (conference paper, research proposal, work in progress, results paper).
– Full paper: a research paper ready for submission to a journal or equivalent. These papers will be presented at the Conference Day on Wednesday.
There are 3 kinds of papers that are accepted for the PhD Programme:
– Research proposal: it includes the main scope of the dissertation, and the discussion should circle around the purpose, aim, potential research question and choices of method. A full version of the research proposal should not exceed 2.500 words.
– Work in progress research (research papers that are still in the early phase): a paper that is still only consisting of a research question and a theoretical framework, or a paper that has started on the analysis but not yet been completed. The maximum limit of an extended version of a work in progress should not exceed 3.500 words.
– Results paper (papers that are in the end of the PhD process): it consists of a presentation and discussion of the results of the study, as well as including some concluding analysis. The maximum limit of an extended version of the results paper should not exceed 3.500 words.
A template of the full paper is available here: Template_paper_ESU2019
Please send your paper by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Electronic Conference Proceedings: unless publication is explicitly waived by the author(s) at the time of the paper’s submission, all accepted submissions will be published in the Electronic Conference Proceedings with ISBN number.
– Book series: a selection of papers presented at ESU 2019 will be accepted for the review process for potential publication as book chapters in one of the next books of the ESU Book Series “European Research in Entrepreneurship” published by Edward Elgar.
– Journal Special Issue: a special issue of International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business (IJESB – Inderscience Publishers) will be published. Authors will be invited to extend their papers presented at ESU 2019 for journal publication. All selected papers will be peer-reviewed.
In order to register for the ESU 2019 Conference and Doctoral Programme, you are kindly asked to follow the steps described below:
- Please download and fill the registration form: Registration Form ESU2019
- Please transfer the appropriate registration fee to the following bank account:
|BIC (SWIFT code):||BPBAIT3B|
|Account number (IBAN):||IT83R0542404297000000000466|
|Beneficiary’s bank’s name and address:||Banca Popolare di Bari s.c.p.a.Via Flora ang. Giustiniani – 82100 Benevento (BN)|
|Beneficiary:||Università degli Studi del Sannio|
- Please indicate your last name under reason for payment ESU 2019_yoursurname
- If you plan to attend the Saturday final trip, please add 50 EUR to your bank transfer.
- Please send by email the registration form and the receipt of the wire transfer to: email@example.com
– Early registration: 400€
– Early registration doctoral student: 350€
– Late registration (after July 20th, 2019): 475€
– Late registration doctoral students (after July 20th, 2019): 425€
– Guest rate: 150€ (including Monday, Tuesday and Friday dinners and Gala Dinner on Thursday)
– Saturday field trip: 50€
The fee includes lunches, social activities, evening dinners, coffee and refreshments.
Cancellation policy: to receive a refund of the registration fee, the registered attendee must request a cancellation in writing and postmark by email to ESU by Wednesday, July 31st 2019. No refunds will be issued after July 31st, 2019.
The registration is not valid until we have received the payment and the registration form.
Prof. Angelo Riviezzo
Prof. Maria Rosaria Napolitano
Prof. Francesco Izzo
Prof. Francesco Calza
Prof. Riccardo Resciniti
Prof. Adele Parmentola
Prof. Biagio Simonetti
Dr. Antonella Garofano
Dr. Barbara Masiello
Dr. Diego Matricano
Dr. Laura Castaldi